Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A Little Birthday Surprise

Yesterday I had the greatest birthday surprise from my husband and kids.  They have a tradition of bringing me breakfast in bed but today they went all out and we all ate breakfast together in our bed.  Following breakfast we had a day full of fun birthday activities.  As I get older it seem like the years keep passing faster and faster.  I am lucky to have such a wonderful husband and two beautiful children that keep me young.



After breakfast they told me they had a surprise for me outside.  They had bought me an apple tree for my birthday.  It almost brought me to tears, it was one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever gotten.  Planting an apple tree as a family was a tradition in my family when I was growing up.  Each year we planted one somewhere new, and would visit it throughout the year and water it and fertilize it.  My husband must have remembered me talking about it a while ago and it made the best birthday gift ever.

The kids were so excited to plant the tree.  It was already a small plant which made it easier to plant this time of year.  My husband had already thought of places to plant it and the kids help me make the executive decision to plant it in the corner of our backyard.  It took lots of “elbow grease” to dig the hole but once we got the plant in and took a step back to look at it, everything was worth it. 

After we planted the tree my husband and kids took me to the spa to get a pedicure and foot massage.  It was so wonderful.  When I got home after my little spa afternoon, I came home to find the kids and my husband making me dinner.  It is so funny watching them cook together without my help.  They like to take advantage of their dad and make a mess.  It was fun being a spectator and watching the dinner play out.  :)





They made eggplant lasagna and cheesy garlic bread sticks.  Even though it wasn’t the pretest looking lasagna I have ever seen, it sure tasted wonderful.  The kids were very chatty at the dinner table, I think it was because they were laughing all afternoon cooking.  The dinner was hilarious and so delicious.

It didn’t take more than two hours after dinner and the kids were ready for bed.  Such an exciting day for them really tired them out.  It was such a great birthday!  Each year my birthdays keep getting better and better.  I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful family that cares so much to make my day wonderful!

Happy birthday to me! <3
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe