Sunday, April 30, 2017

Hannah’s Movie Party Spectacular + Flavored Popcorn recipes!

Last night we hosted Hannah’s movie party.  We often plan a party on any date, for her group of friends and urprisingly she wasn’t as high strung as she usually is about food and décor.  She just wanted to have a few of her friends over for a sleepover and watch some new movies that just came out.  I was very surprised when she told me this, so unlike her, but easier for me.

We did decorate a little bit with big paper movie reels and old fashioned popcorn containers.  We also found some really great big bean bags and pillows that were on sale so we agreed they would be part of the decoration of ther room.  She picked out so many movies that she wanted to get for that night but we realistically narrowed it down to 3 movies. 

She didn’t want a cake for this party because it was not her birthday party but, she just wanted an assortment of ice cream and fun popcorn for when they were watching movie.  I let her go crazy in the ice cream isle at our co-op.  She picked out lots of fruity flavors and of course chocolate.  She found fun recipes for popcorn on Pinterest and we made them our own.  I had to laugh at her and her friends, they ended up putting some of the popcorn on their ice cream…crazy girls! :)

The popcorn recipes she found were actually really delicious, my husband and I were munching on them too.  Here are the three fun flavors of popcorn we made.

Cookies and Cream Popcorn 🍿

Ingredients-
•    4 ½ cups popped popcorn
•    10 Oreos, pulverized
•    12 oz. vanilla almond bark

Instructions-
•    In a microwave safe bowl melt the almond bark until smooth.  Pour over popped popcorn and immediately pour the pulverized Oreos on the mixture.  Mix with a wooden spoon so the almond bark and Oreos are distributed.  Let the bark cool and harden, enjoy!

In case the cookies and cream popcorn wasn’t enough,

S’mores Popcorn 🍿

Ingredients-
•    About 5 cups of popped popcorn
•    2 cups chocolate chip melts
•    1 package of Duncan Hines Chocolate marshmallow frosting creations mix
•    1 cup mini marshmallows
•    12 graham crackers, crushed

Instructions-
•    Combine the popcorn and marshmallows in a large bowl.  Melt the chocolate chips and mix in the frosting packet.  Drizzle over the popcorn mixture and immediately pour the graham cracker crumbs over the mixture.  Let the chocolate cool and harden, enjoy!

And to get the savory with the sweet popcorn,

Parmesan Basil Popcorn 🍿

Ingredients-
•    4 cups popped popcorn
•    2 tbsp. coconut oil
•    ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
•    ¼ tsp. salt
•    4 tbsp. chopped basil

Instructions-
•    Melt the coconut oil and pour over the popcorn.  Add the cheese, salt and basil immediately and toss so it coats the popcorn.  Serve and enjoy you savory popcorn!

I was so surprised how much fun the girls had just watching movies and being girls.  The popcorn and ice cream bar turned out great.  The girls loved it and were getting really creative combining the flavors.  It was nice to see them have fun without doing something big or expensive.  Hannah had a great birthday, she said it was the best one yet.  Luckily for me, I don’t have much cleaning to do today since they were so calm.  It has been such a great weekend!

Go Green and Stay Keen,

Julie

13 comments:

  1. Oh MY Goodness!! These all look amazing I'm not even sure which one I want to try first. I think the Smore's one.. something about the marshmallow frosting mix :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! My daughter loves to have sleepovers too. We make a lot of popcorn at home, but those sound great. We'll have to try them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the different flavors. I may for sure need to try that smores one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, yes! I need to try this out. I do love my popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those popcorn recipes sound delicious! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to do movie nights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great for weekend on the couch. Why didn't I read your post yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We LOVE making flavored popcorn! Your receipes sound amazing ; we have movie night on friday's so I will be adding a few to our popcorn list

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have movie night every weekend downstairs with the kids. They love it because we all sleep on the floor! We love popcorn so I will have to try these out for our next movie night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh smores popcorn - i so need alot of that in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I have to give those Smores favored popcorn a try! Thanks so much for sharing! I already know my kids will not want to share ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a big fan of popcorn, so I have to try these recipes someday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy to know that you spend such a great time with you kids over the weekend! The popcorn recipes make me want to make some for myself, too! Haha..I love popcorns! I usually have it when I go for movie. It's a great pair! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo! I love these! I have never tried a popcorn recipe before. It would be great to have movie night and give these a try.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe