I always try keeping up to date on latest findings and research about what is best for my kids and my husband and I. I found a few really interesting articles about foods that fuel brain power and memory. These foods are good for our entire family and can keep us healthy. I believe it is important to know what is good for you and take it into your own hands.
Here are my findings and knowledge on “brain power food”:
• Almond Butter can help find memory loss because of their high content of vitamin E, which has been found to help reduce the risk of cognitive impairment. Almond butter has three times as much vitamin E than ordinary peanut butter. Why not make an easy switch to a healthier and better for you nut spread.
• Leafy Greens like spinach or broccoli packed with vitamin K can help improve verbal memory and the ability to understand and remember verbal instructions. Vitamin K is good for both my husband, our children, and myself. Leafy greens are also high in tandem that works with vitamin B12 that helps cognitive function in older adults.
• Blueberries are the ultimate power food. The flavonoids in them are shown to help spatial memory and the antioxidants reduce inflammation that helps with long term memory and brain health. There are so many powers that blueberries have it is hard to name them all.
• Green Tea helps improve brain plasticity making it easier to learn and retain information.
• Tomatoes are packed with carotenoids that help improve cognition and memory over long periods of time. Tomatoes also have lycopene found in the skin that helps protect against depression-causing inflammation.
I hope to continue eating these foods and incorporate them a little more in my life. There are huge lists foods that help brain power and cognitive health but these were some of my favorite foods.
What are your “go to” brain boosting foods?
Go Green and Go Keen,