Monday, March 16, 2015

Kid’s day at the Restaurant

A few months ago Hannah had a great idea to have a Kids day at the restaurant I work at.  She is so cute, she said that kids don’t know that vegetarian food can be “really yummy” and wanted me to show people how it can be delicious.  I felt so proud, that she wanted to share her favorite vegetarian foods with her friends and other kids.  Obviously, I loved the idea.



I was so happy the restaurant owner and cooks agreed this was a good idea and worked with Hannah and me to make it happen.  Yesterday we held our first kid’s afternoon special; it was a huge success.  Hannah insisted on helping us plan the menu because “it was her idea.”  We created a “kid friendly” menu that offered small portions so kids and families could sample many different foods and dishes. 

Hannah absolutely loved helping organize the day, she is such a little party planner.  We had about 20 families come in the afternoon with their children to try some new vegetarian food.  Hannah stayed at the restaurant all afternoon helping us and talking to all her friends that came in; she nearly invited her entire class. :)



After talking with several new families to the restaurant and a few of Hannah’s friend’s families it sounded like they loved it.  Not only were their kids surprised that the food was so good, their parents were pleasantly surprised as well. 

I had to laugh, one of Hannah’s friends father came into the restaurant and was joking with me how he would have to get food after because there was no way vegetables were going to fill him up.  As he was leaving I asked him if he still thought he needed more food and he quickly responded “no way.”  He was stuffed!  He said that he will definitely be coming back, and that the food was very  filling, delicious and that he actually felt healthy eating it…now that is what I like to hear! :)


I am so happy Hannah came up with this idea and everyone helped to make it happen.  My friend the owner, was pleased with all the customers that came in, on what would have normally been an average afternoon.
Hannah’s great idea brought quite a bit of extra business and hopefully the families will be coming back in the future.

Go Green and Stay Keen,

Julie

12 comments:

  1. My kids are not so great about trying new things, but I wish they were more open minded about new foods. They are the ones missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great that you were able to offer this to the community! I bet your daughter was so proud of herself. I think this is a good idea and could catch on everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family love to try different cuisines! Foods are looking tasty for me....yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how that guy was filled up on veggies. What a fun party, and Hannah did a great job helping put it together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's an awesome activity for kids. Great thing to experience, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool opportunity for your whole community! I love having unique days for the kids that really does benefit local businesses, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like food that tastes good and is healthy too. Not always easy to find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cool that the restaurant and cooks worked with your daughter to make her idea come alive. So happy that it was such a success. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a smart little girl you have! Getting children and adults to try new things! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Hannah is a really special child because most kids are picky when it comes to food. Anyway, I would love to try those food.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a smart child. I don't know why some people feel that vegetarian dishes are not filling. They obviously are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello I am your newest follower on your blog would love for you to follow me back. Thanks :) Feel free to Like or Follow me on my other media sites!!!

    http://taracl2010.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/LiveLaughLove/123392547737823
    https://twitter.com/LiveLaughhLovee
    http://pinterest.com/taracl85/
    http://instagram.com/nicksmom2007
    http://www.networkedblogs.com/blog/taracl
    https://www.bloglovin.com/livelaughlove10

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe