Friday, January 24, 2020

Full Day with Old Friends

I had been waiting for this day for a quite some time, three of my best friends from high school came to town for a business trip.  They arrived early this morning before their conference and we were able to catch up and hang out together all day.  I try to keep in contact with all my old friends but it is always hard because we all have families, children, and jobs.  It was a real treat to see them this afternoon.


They arrived mid-morning and we all met up for a brunch at a local restaurant they picked out.  I had never actually been there, but they swore they had the best breakfast sandwiches…and they did.  I don’t think there was a silent moment the entire time we were there.  It took over two hours to finally eat our brunch between sharing stories.

After we finally made it out of restaurant one of my friends set up a bike tour and rental for the afternoon.  I have never taken a bike tour of the city and after all these years living here, I wish I would have before.  I learned so much about the city that I never knew, it was really an eye opener.

The four of us had so much fun biking around with our tour guide I think we were his most entertaining guests.

After the tour we had an hour and a half to ride the bikes around town and mess around.  I think that was almost more fun than the tour.  The moment we were let free of a tour we went right back to our high school years and were racing each other and yelling like children.  We spent the hour racing through the parks and along the sea side.  We were pretty exhausted when we were done, but not enough to bail on dinner.

We were starving after biking all afternoon, we went to a lovely restaurant near the hotel they were staying at.  We still chatted throughout the entire meal, but by the time we ate and had a few drinks we were ready for.  We definitely aren’t as young as we used to be.



It was such an incredible day catching up and acting like children again.  I always cherish time spent with old friends.  It is incredible that over all the years apart, we get together and pick back up like we didn’t miss a second.  It was a great day, but I am ready for my bed.

Go Green and Stay Keen,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe