Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Old Friends make for Great Times

This past weekend a few of my old friends were in town and were able to catch up and have a lovely weekend.  It is difficult to see friends from your younger years when life has taken you in different directions and moved away.  Although we hadn’t seen each other in probably two years, it felt like we hadn’t skipped a beat.  It was really great seeing how far we have come and how we have grown.

I met up with them at a local coffee shop on Saturday morning where we spent most of the day reminiscing and laughing about the “glory years.” It was such wonderful day, the café has the cutest outdoor patio that made it perfect to take in the vitamin D and the breeze.  The outdoor seating area it almost makes you feel like you are transported to a little café in Europe.  It is one of my favorites.



After getting coffee I took them to my much loved farmers market.  They were amazed at how wonderful it was and how many vendors there were.  It makes me happy to be able to take people to the farmers market and show them how great it really is.  They got a few snacky fruits and veggies before they met up with their client they came to see late in the afternoon.


After they were done with the “work” part of their trip, we met back up at my restaurant for a delicious dinner.  Of course I had to show them what I have been doing and how wonderful the food is.  They are both vegetarian, so they absolutely loved it.  My staff was incredible as always, and made a great impression on my friends.

It was so great to see my long lost friends again and show them all the things I have done since I moved out here many years ago.  They left early Sunday morning to head back to Colorado but it was great day to catch up and show them around.


Everyone has those friends that no matter the distance or how often you talk, the moment you get back together it is like you never left.  I am very thankful and treasure friendships like that.

Go Green and Stay Keen,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe