Thursday, June 27, 2019

Summer treats that Kids will Love

This week we were in charge of bringing post-game snacks at both Liam and Hannah’s soccer games.  I think that it is great that the families of the players take turns bringing a small snack and drink for the kids at the end of a game.  It is rewarding to them whether they win or lose, they know there’ll be snacks to lift their spirits or keep them going.

Some of the families bring homemade goods and other have brought store bought snacks, either one it is clear that the kids do not mind what it is, they just want it.  For my snack I wasn’t sure if I would have time to make two different snacks but it turned out that the restaurant was pretty calm on Monday and I was able to come up with some great refreshing summer snacks. Here is what I came up with…

Apple Dippers-

Ingredients-
6 Apples, cut into wedges
Toothpicks
Nut butter
Peanuts, almonds, or mini chocolate chips


Instructions-

Stick a toothpick into each wedge and dip in nut butter then into the peanuts, almonds, or chocolate chips.  They were a big hit at the soccer game!

Frozen Fruit Kabobs-

Ingredients-

  • Apple
  • Wooden skewers
  • Grapes
  • Watermelon
  • Melon
  • Melted Chocolate


Instructions-

Skewer all the fruit and drizzle with the melted chocolate.  Freeze on a baking sheet for about 1-2 hours or until frozen.  Enjoy!  (photo before the drizzle )



Party Pinwheels-

Ingredients-
2, 8 oz. packages of softened cream cheese
1, 1 oz. package of ranch dressing mix
2 green onions, minced
4, 12 in. tortillas
½ cup red bell pepper, diced
½ cup celery, diced
1, 2 oz. can sliced black olives
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese



Instructions-

In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, ranch dressing, and green onions.  Mix thoroughly and spread on tortillas and sprinkle the red pepper, celery, black olives, and cheese on the mixture and roll the tortillas and wrap in tinfoil.
Chill for at least 2 hours and slice the rolls into slices.

Enjoy!

Both Liam and Hannah’s teams really like the snacks.  The kids kept asking Liam and Hannah if I would bring snacks again before the season was over.  I had to laugh at Liam boasting that he gets to eat delicious food all the time.  It made me proud that he felt like bragging about how great my baking and cooking is.  I am looking forward to the next time I bring snacks for the team, I just hope I have enough time to live up to the standards now.

Go Green and Stay Keen,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe