Thursday, August 08, 2019

Grilled Cheese Masterpieces

It's nearly school time again! We have checked almost everything off their “to do list” and I think they need some time to relax.  Liam and Hannah have been running around crazy this summer with friends and other organized activities.  And with their activities they have me running as well. 

After a long day running around and working at the restaurant, I don’t have much energy to cook at all.  Luckily for me, my kids love easy food; especially grilled cheeses.  I mean, who doesn’t like a good grilled cheese sandwich now and again.  Lately Liam has been “amping” his sandwiches up with all sorts of veggies, spices and everything you can think of.  It inspired me to get creative making them grilled cheese lunches.

Here are a few creations Liam helped me come up with.

•    The overstuffed chilled cheese- with special ingredients of cream cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan, artichoke, tomato, and spinach.  There are a lot of flavors somehow this sandwich tastes incredible.

•    Tomato soup in a grilled cheese- This creation is everything you would expect it to be and more.  It is a tomato soup within a grilled cheese, no need for dipping anymore!  All you have to do is spread tomato soup concentrate to cover the inside of each slice of bread.  Add the cheese, form the sandwich and grill until golden brown!

•    The ultimate Mexican grilled cheese- Liam came up with this one night he wanted tacos but we didn’t have any taco shells; very good improvisation in my book.  We just added taco seasoning, avocado, Mexican cheese, refried beans, queso fresco cheese, and chili powder to the sandwich.  Trust me, you will not be hungry after this big one.

•    Mac and cheese grilled cheese- Yes, you can probably guess who created this one, Liam and Hannah.  We made normal mac and cheese for lunch then they got the idea to put it in bread into the Panini maker.  How they come up with these ideas, I have no idea.  But I will give it to them, it was very tasty if you are in the mood for a carb overload.

•    Garlic grilled cheese- This was one of my boring ideas, but the kids liked the little zest it gave to a “boring grilled cheese.”  I just simply added some finely chopped garlic on top of the cheese within the bread and voila!

Although these sandwiches don’t have that much nutritional value, they are good every once in a while.  The kids love them so much I have to keep them from making a new version every day for lunch. 

Have you made any epic grilled cheese sandwiches?  I need ideas to wow Liam and Hannah, instead of the other way around.

Go green and stay keen,

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe